IHN: Serve the HomelessHelp FBC be a place of hope and healing: A chance to serve with IHN
IHN, Interfaith Hospitality network volunteers work to transform the 4th floor of First Baptist into a hospitable home for homeless families. This ministry is a network composed of churches that provide housing for these families as they transition into permanent housing.
Consider volunteering. For new volunteers we will place you with a "seasoned" IHN volunteer to teach and guide you. There are a few ways to serve.
1) Move IN and move OUT: On Sunday directly after worship meet the "IHN team" up on the 4th floor to transform the space into a home by moving furniture, moving in the families' belongings and bags, making beds, placing towels, etc. Lunch is provided. To help with move out, come early on the following Sunday (8:30am) to reverse the above process.
Daily volunteer needs throughout the week
2) Dinner: cook and bring dinner for 15 people to FBC by 5:30pm.
3) Host: Hang out, talk, watch TV, and be a ministering presence to the families as they come in and eat and get ready for bed. 5:30pm-8:30pm, weekdays, plus a morning and afternoon shift on Saturdayt.
4) Overnight: Sleep in the "host room," rouse the families if needed, make coffee in the morning. 8pm-6:30am.
Please sign up for Interfaith Hospitality Network - here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/ndnY3a
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Contact Sarah Zeringue if you have any questions.
|IHN Volunteer paperwork||